Terms & Conditions
Our Terms and Conditions
The Barrow Voice is a community magazine under the umbrella of Barrow upon Soar Community Association and is distributed four times a year free to every household in Barrow (currently 3,250 copies). It is not associated with any political ideology, faith or religious denomination. It is run by volunteers; designed by a local company at cost and printed commercially.
The Barrow Voice aims to help promote community cohesion by the provision of news about the village, village residents and local businesses; celebrating the achievements of the village, village residents and village businesses; and covering items of regional, national and international interest as appropriate to the village residents. It continually strives to be inclusive of all residents and businesses irrespective of ethnicity, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious views or (dis)ability.
Advertising Terms & Conditions
- The Barrow Voice reserves the right to refuse to print advertising it considers to be outside of the aims of the magazine or to be detrimental to any person(s) or institution.
- Advertisers should usually present their own artwork, supplied in digital format using high resolution PDF files, or the usual professional formats.
- Full colour advertising is encouraged.
- Should The Barrow Voice have to do further work on artwork format, it reserves the right to make a small one-off charge as outlined below to a total maximum of £35.00:
- Re-sizing or re-shaping: usually £5 but up to £10 if complex • converting a Word file into one of the above formats = £5 to £10
- + Re-sizing and re-shaping with some artwork addition of adjustment = £10 to £20
- Major artwork creation = £20 to £30
- Scanning your document £5.00
- Advertisers are responsible for proof reading the copy that they submit to The Barrow Voice. The Barrow Voice will make every effort, but cannot guarantee, that errors made by the advertiser will be amended.
- Advertisers should give the following information clearly:
- Contact details (name, business name, address, phone number and email address)
- In which issue(s) they want the advertisement to appear
- Should Advertisers choose to have an advert for one year (mid-March; mid-June; mid-September, late November) all monies should be paid in full at the first issue.
- Discounts: The Barrow Voice offers discounts:
- 10% on the single advertisement price for 4 issues when full payment is made at first issue
- When an advertisement is contracted for 4 issues, but Advertisers wish to spread the cost of payment over the 4 issues, a discount of only 5% will apply but will be charged at the current rate.
- A further discount of 5% for early payment within 28 days of invoice
- Advertisers must meet the copy deadline given to them. If they fail to do so, the Barrow Voice will make every effort to be flexible but cannot guarantee that an advertisement submitted later than deadline will be included in the issue. Advertisers will risk being charged for the advertisement.
- The Barrow Voice cannot guarantee a particular placing within the issue(s). If Advertisers wish for a particular placing of a full-page advertisement, this may be negotiated with the advertising manager at the time of Agreement. An additional cost may be incurred.
- All advertisements are transferred (free of charge) from the paper version of The Barrow Voice to The Barrow Voice website - www.barrowvoice.co.uk
- Advertisers have the option to have their details included on the village website free of charge - www.barrowuponsoar.org.uk Advertisers should let the advertising manager know if they wish for this.
- A Leaflet Drop Service is available. Only one leaflet per issue so please discuss your needs with the advertising manager.
- The Barrow Voice and the Barrow upon Soar Community Association will not pass any advertising or personal details to any third party and will delete the information on the records should Advertisers cease to advertise. • The Barrow Voice and the Barrow upon Soar Community Association complies with the General Data Processing Regulations (Data Protection Act, 2018)
Copy Terms & Conditions
- The Barrow Voice paper copy and online edition is copyright. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial or educational use only
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system
- Publishing always has deadlines. Please make sure you don’t miss a deadline.
- All copy must be sent to The Barrow Voice: firstname.lastname@example.org with name, address, phone number and email. You may request for personal information to be withheld.
- Where possible, all producers of content and photographs in The Barrow Voice will be acknowledged and named with the said content and photograph.
- The Barrow Voice reserves the right to refuse to print copy it considers to be outside of the aims of the magazine or to be detrimental to any person(s) or institution.
- If you send us copy, you grant us a perpetual, royalty free, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and licence to use, reproduce, publish, communicate to the public, translate, create derivative works from and distribute such content into any form, medium or technology now known or hereafter developed. In addition, you waive any and all moral rights in such content.
- The Barrow Voice reserves the right to amend or abridge copy that is sent in. It will make every effort to return amended copy for perusal and comment, but cannot guarantee that it is able to do so.
- It is the responsibility of the author of copy to check and give evidence for all facts within the copy, even in opinion pieces. The Barrow Voice reserves the right to refuse to print copy where facts are not evidenced.
- All copy (including photographs) is transferred from the paper version of The Barrow Voice to The Barrow Voice website - www.barrowvoice.co.uk
- The Barrow Voice reserves the right to decide what copy (including photographs) will be printed, and in what manner, in the paper and online editions.
- By sending us content for publication or agreeing to be interviewed for content, you confirm that you legally entitled to provide information to us and that you have the consent of all the people in the content. If the content features a child or children you confirm that you are the parent or guardian of the child or children, and have the legal right to grant consent (or the parent or guardian of the child or children has granted such consent.
- You acknowledge that once The Barrow Voice has been printed, content cannot be edited or removed.
- The Barrow Voice website operations under the same terms and conditions as those for Barrow upon Soar Community Association website: busca.org.uk and you agree to be bound by these terms.
- Competition and prize draws may be operated by the Barrow Voice or third parties. Where third parties are involved, this will be made clear to you and additional terms and conditions between that third party and you will apply. Whether we or a third party operate the completion or prize draw, you will likely be dealing with other third parties directly as a result of it and as such any contracts and/or arrangements will be formed between you and them, without us as a party and we cannot be held liable for your use of or any liability arising out of the same (save to the extent required by law).
- The content of The Barrow Voice is provided “as-is” and for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content in The Barrow Voice. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Site is accurate, complete or up to date and we do not accept any responsibility for any of such content.
- Content in The Barrow Voice may include links to the content, web sites and/or services owned and/or operated by third parties. These are provided for your convenience only and we are not responsible for and do not give any warranties or make any representations regarding any such content, web sites and/or services. The onus for ensuring that content presented on the Internet is legal rests with the original content provider, and we will not be under any obligations to limit access to material unless notified that it is illegal or otherwise in breach of the terms of this agreement. Notwithstanding, we shall have the right to remove any items we believe may be illegal or otherwise in breach of the terms of this agreement.
- The intellectual property in all design, text, graphics and other and the selection or arrangement of such material in The Barrow Voice is owned by us and/or our respective licensors. We are not the owners of:
- Those trade mark(s) of third parties in advertisements and/or content
- All other trade marks used in The Barrow Voice which are not licensed to us by any third party.
- All other trade marks, product names and company names or logos cited therein are the property of their respective owners
- Where a claim is brought against us by a third party in relation to your use of material in The Barrow Voice you agree to fully reimburse us for all losses, costs, actions, claims, damages, expenses (including legal costs and expenses) or liabilities, whatsoever suffered or incurred by us as a consequence of your breach of this agreement and your use of The Barrow Voice.
- We are not liable for things beyond our control, such as power failure and problems on the Internet.